Saturday, January 7, 2012

Jimmy's Burger Joint: A Sight to Behold!!!!

There is always something refreshing when driving down 17th Street in Costa Mesa! There is heart, there is character, there is the history of Costa Mesa that you'll find on 17th Street like no place else in town! I've been eating a lot of burgers lately and have found myself on a vision quest of sorts to find the best burgers around! Does anybody remember the movie Vision Quest with Matthew Modine?!?!?!?! C'mon somebody out there knows what I'm talking about, right?!?!?! Ahahahahahahahahahaha!! For Modine in the film, he found meaning in life by dropping 22 pounds and defeating an unbeaten high school wrestler in Washington! Well, my personal vision quest is to perhaps gain 22 pounds on my search for the most succulent delicious burgers in the history of documented time!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! So, I'm looking for the best of the best burgers in Southern California!!! Side note: Does anybody remember the movie with Eric Roberts and James Earl Jones called Best of the Best?!?!?!?! ... OK OK, I'll stop with the movie references!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!!!!
Anyway, I found that Jimmy's Burger Joint on 17th Street in Costa Mesa has been making a little bit of noise when it comes to the deliciousness of their burgers!!! And to continue to fulfill my destiny of searching never endingly for the greatest burger ever, I drove over to Jimmy's to experience the hype of these burgers for myself!!
To my surprise, Jimmy's is an incredibly small place! Not that that's bad or anything, but for a place that talks about being a hot spot to watch football and drink cold beer, I envisioned a larger space! Not a knock against Jimmy's, just an observation!! I took a seat at the bar and I ordered a Jimmy's Burger!! I was sitting at a seat that enabled me to peer back in to the kitchen so that I could see as they were preparing my burger over a blazing flame on the grill!! It was a beautiful sight for me to behold!!!!! I would even go so far as to say that it was a more beautiful thing to observe then Munch's The Scream, the inside of the Sistine Chapel, a sunset in Santorini, and the view of Yosemite atop Half-Dome!!! I've been to and seen all of those things/places and found them to be nothing short of breathtaking!!! And I'm not even exagerating when I say that what I saw in Jimmy's that day in the kitchen, took my breath away moreso than those 4 things mentioned above!!! The view of that raw cattle being charred on a grill with fire shooting up and grease dripping down onto the burners, damn near brought me to tears!!!!!
The burger, when brought out to me, was a g-damn work of art!!!! It looked so beautiful and so emotionally moved me, that I would argue that it deserves it's own g-damn wing at the Orange County Muesuem of Art just down the road!!!! That's truth!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
The Jimmy's Burger that I stuffed into my face that afternoon had wonderful flavors, fresh toppings, and had an extremely high endorphin releasing capability!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Also, the fries here are very unique!!! I think they're fried in peanut oil to some capacity, but I don't know for sure!!! I hardly know anything about cooking, preparation, or ingredients!!! I just like to eat a lot of food and I can tell you whether it tastes good or not!!!!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! But the fries were excellent!!! They were incredibly juicy and greasy, so much so that I had to ask for extra napkins to dry my hands off after I would squeeze five of those fries together, smear them in my goop of ketchup, then place them to rest in my mouth!!!!!! The fries were great and complimented the burger nicely!!!!
Overall, I enjoyed my visit to Jimmy's Burger Joint and found their burger to be quite a noble one!! I will say that Jimmy's has more of a neighborhood feel to it!! If I lived around the corner, I would probably come to Jimmy's all the time to watch football and drink beer!! Truthfully, I wouldn't get in my car and drive to this place to watch a game!!! But I will reiterate that this burger is fantastic and I recommend it wholeheartedly!!!! Do this place!!! Give it a shot and experience an excellent Orange County burger!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!









Jimmy's Burger Joint on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment