Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Antonucci's: Consider This a Gift on the Day of my Daughters Wedding!!!

I think the guy who works as the horse racing handicapper for the Los Angeles Times is a guy by the name of Jerry Antonucci!!!!! One day, back in the hay, I went to a handicapping seminar by the paddock at Santa Anita race track in Arcadia, and who was there offering up his handicapping advice as well as winners and exotics for that days card?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Jerry Antonucci!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Though I have absolutely no evidence to prove this, Jerry Antonucci was a guy who looked like he might have been missing fingers, if you know what I mean!!!!!!!!! Thick goggle specks, gold chain dangling against his long grey chest hair, the top two buttons of his shirt undone, tan Italian skin, an 18 inch stogie between his teeth, and streaks of grey streaming through his well groomed dark slicked back hair!!!!!!!! When he spoke into the mic at the small crowd that had gathered around him that weekend morning to learn from the master, I was expecting a salty Brando voice to blast through the speakers into our ears.... But that wasn't the case... He spoke like a normal guy!!!!! Jerry Antonucci was actually very gentlemanly in nature, showed well refined humor to his audience, and dispelled any stereotypes that might exist about a guy who's a professional horse racing handicapper with the last name of Antonucci!!!!!!!!!!
Every time I hear a very ethnic Italian last name like, Antonucci, the first thing that pops into my mind is homemade marinara sauce, meatballs, and strong red wine!!!!! Remember that scene in the Godfather when Luca Brasi teaches Michael Corleone how to make spaghetti and meatballs while drunk on too much red wine?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Love that scene!!!!!!!! Whenever I think of Italian culture, or the nation of Italy for that matter, I immediately think of an abundance of good hearty Italian food and powerful red wine!!!!!! Eating and drinking is such a huge part of who the Italians are and I love that about them!!!!!!! I hope I don't have an unfair stereotype of Italians!!!! If this is offensive to some who are of Italian heritage, I apologize!!! But hey, at least I don't think of Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi or Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino when I think of Italy, right?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
OK, so in all seriousness, one of the main reasons as to why I ate at Antonucci's Italian Restaurant in Mission Viejo was mainly due to the name!!!!!!! Not even joking!!!!!! I mean, just the name Antonucci's made me hungry and got me craving Italian food every single time I saw the name or heard it!!!!! Try it!!!!! Say "Antonucci" a few times and tell me you don't immediately start craving good Italian food and a jug of red wine to stuff down your pie hole to no end!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
So, I went to Antonucci's one evening and decided to order a pizza with pepperoni, garlic, and mushrooms as well as a meatball sandwich.... Oh yeah, and a s-load of red wine!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! My first impression of the food at Antonucci's was that it looked and smelled wonderful!!!!! That spicy garlic steaming up from the hot melted mozzarella cheese and spicy marinara sauce sitting on a warm baked crust made me want to marry Victoria Ghotti at that exact moment to become a  made guy with the Columbo's!!!!! No doubt the Columbo's have done and still do some very bad things, but man I'll bet those guys eat so so well every single night of the week!!!!!!!! I wouldn't give a damn about the street cred or the income I would get being a mobster, but to me the real benefit of being a made guy is the food and wine you would get to partake in each day!!!!! Make no mistake about that!!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
OK, so the food at Antonucci's looked and smelled good, but when I bit into the pizza, it was by no means a top-20 pizza for me. The sauce was good, the cheese and toppings were fresh, but the crust just didn't work for me. The crust struck me as something that was mindfully prepared, but it was overly chewy and somewhat hard. Again, the crust wasn't cheaply done and it wasn't totally dried up like some places, but it was harder to chew than I would've liked. Not a bad pizza, but certainly not the best I've ever had. After the pizza I went for the meatball sandwich. The sandwich wasn't bad, but there wasn't anything real memorable about it. It was just kind of a generic meatball sandwich in which there was nothing special. Also, the meatballs were a bit dry. It wasn't horrible, there just wasn't much to it in my opinion. Anytime I come down a little negative on a place I want it to be clear that you should still go to the place and try it yourself!!! So, got to Antonucci's!!! In fact I would like to try some of their pasta dishes and I likely will return to do that!!!!! Also, they have a nice lounge area to have a cocktail and watch a game!!!! It's a neat little neighborhood Italian place!!!!! Try it out!!!! Not the worst I've ever had but not the best either. It was OK. I'm glad I tried Antonucci's and the food did satisfy my hunger and Italian food cravings!!!!!!!! Give this place a shot and decide for yourself!!!! Do it!!!!!!!!!!







Antonucci's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment