Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pedro's Taco's: The Gateway to Mexico!!!!!

I love going down to San Clemente!!!!! It's one of the few places I can go in Orange County and feel like I'm truly getting away!!!!! There's something about the architecture, the feel, and the people of the city that just makes it feel different from all other places in Orange County!!!! It's almost as if San Clemente doesn't belong in Orange County but rather should be incorporated into northern San Diego County!!!!! To me, San Clemente is the gateway into Latin America, save the Carribean and Spain!!!!!!! Every time I step foot onto El Camino Real or Avendia Del Mar, I feel like I'm taking my initial steps into Mexico, Central America and South America!!!!!!! And I love Latin America!!!!!! The food, the people, the culture, the women!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! My dream in life is to walk the land through Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, and Argentina  speaking Spanish to the locals and meeting a beautiful Latina woman, get married to her, sip whatever the national cocktail is on a beach, eating good food while watching the sunset every single night of the week!!!! My wife wouldn't be too happy with that, but I don't think she reads this blog!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! One can dream, right?!?!?!?!?!?! Right?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
So whenever I can, I like to escape down to San Clemente for a few hours!!!!! I love all the hole in the wall restaurants, dive bars, preservation of the city, the guys in their mid 40's who are burnt out on life, overweight, overly tan, sitting around smoking cigarettes and sipping beers all day while telling fishing stories, as well as the the homeless mentally ill dudes who ride their bikes along that trail by the pier who are always very suspicious looking, like they're sexual predators or something!!!!!!!!! Well, that last one isn't so appealing!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
OK, so on a recent half day getaway I took down to San Clemente, I decided to eat at Pedro's Taco's!!!!! I had been to Pedro's before, but it had been quite a long time ago!!!!! I know that after the surfer brah's finish a day of shredding the gnar and spreading the stoke down at Trestles, the tradition is to go to Pedro's Tacos and munch on some killer grindage!!!!!! The only problem with Pedro's is that there are a lot of Barney's, Assmunchers, and Co-Kooks hanging around that kind of ruin the surfer brah vibe!!!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I'm just kidding!!!! I just wanted to use some of the surfer lingo that I learned while in college!!!!!!!!!!
Pedro's is legendary for their fish tacos!!!! Also, I remember they had a potato burrito that was pretty damn good too!!!! Earlier that day I was across the street at Pizza Port, slamming beers and feeling nice and uhhhh, warm, if you know what I mean!!!!!! With a beautiful feeling buzz from that powerful and wonderful tasting craft beer, I stumbled out the door and walked across and down the street to Pedro's Tacos to satisfy my alcohol induced hunger!!!!!!! My stomach was empty and was growling and screaming like the Zodiac Killer on the morning he called in to that talk show to speak with Melvin Belli!!!!!!!! The growling and hissing coming from my stomach was so loud that it probably could've made a g-damn cat hiss and/or run for it's life!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
When I got to Pedro's I noticed that there are no tables to eat at!!!!! You pretty much have to order your food to go, which is fine!!!!! It's perfect for walking down to the beach and eating there!!!!!!!! As I looked over the menu I ordered a carne asada burrito, and three fish tacos!!!!!! I wanted to save a little room for the pizza I was going to have later that night!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I didn't want to walk all the way down to the beach, so after waiting a few minutes for my food, when they called my number, I took my grinds back to my car and decided to eat it there!!!!!!!!! First up was the carne asada burrito!!!!!!! The meat was flavorful and combined with the onions, guacamole, and salsa, this made for a fantastic carne asada burrito!!!! Also, it was really juicy!!!!! When I bit into it, the grease from the carne asada sprayed everywhere like a shaken up can of root beer!!!!!!!!! It was awesome Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Next, I went for the fish tacos!!!!!!! I was really impressed by how large the tacos were!!!!!!! At first when I looked into the bag of food I couldn't tell which were the tacos and which were the burritos!!!! They all looked to be the same size!!!!!!!! When I unrolled the fish tacos they had on them cabbage, salsa, and that white fish taco sauce!!!!! These were damn good fish tacos!!!! Like, damn good!!!!!! The fried fish batter combined with that white sauce made me want to dance La Cucaracha at Papa's and Beer to the wee hours!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! After sitting in the ocean for a couple of hours, or after doing bong hits, I could totally see how surfers would crave fish tacos from Pedros!!!!! Being around those fish in the ocean would make you want to eat them, right?!?!?!?!?!?! These fish tacos are up there in terms of the greatest of all time in my book!!!!! Not sure if they're number 1, but they might be!!!!!!! Eating this food took me to the streets of Rosarito Beach and reminded me that I was in fact in the gateway to Latin America!!!!! Pedros is beautiful, satisfying food, and when you go down to San Clemente, you just have to eat there!!!!!!! You have to!!!!!!!! Do this place and eat hard!!!!!!!!! I love Pedro's and look forward to many many more meals in the not so distant future!!!!!!!!! Oh, and don't be a Co-Kook!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!






Pedro's Tacos on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment