Thursday, May 3, 2012

Jerry's Wood Fired Dogs: Like a Dream!!!!!!


I love hot dogs!!!! I love them!!!!! I love them I love them I love them I love them I love them I love them I love them I love them I love them I love them!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! I don't know if it's because I've been watching a lot of Tony Bourdain lately or because there's been a dialogue here in So. Cal regarding the best hot dogs in the area!!!! But not since my childhood have I ever been so taken with my pursuit of that encased pork product placed between a cleft piece of bread with various toppings piled on!!!!!! Not long ago, I discovered Berkeley Dog here in OC and have noticed that there are a few more of them popping up!!!!! Berkeley Dog is good and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to everybody... EVERYBODY!!!!!! However, recently I discovered  the finest, most succulent, most wonderful tasting tubed pork that I have ever placed inside of my mouth!!!!!!!!! What am I talking about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm talking about Jerry's Wood Fired Dogs in Santa Ana!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I saw on Twitter recently that on Monday's, you can get hot dogs and sausages from Jerry's Dogs for like $2 off their regular price!!!!!!!!!!! Sparked by curiosity and word of mouth, I moseyed on over to Jerry's and decided I was going to give this place a shot!!!! And being that I was getting $2 off each dog, I wasn't going to feel bad if these dogs turned out to be a bust!!!!! 
There are apparently a handful of Jerry's Dogs in Orange County, but I visited the location off of 17th street near the 55 freeway in Santa Ana!!! As I walked through the doors, the sight which I witnessed was majestic!!!! There was a large menu with many different types of hot dogs, sausages, and burgers on it, not to mention a plethora of toppings you could add to your food that seemed unending!!!!!! Also, the grill where they prepared all of their food, as well as all of their condiments were in plain view for all to see!!!!! Anything you might want to put on your hot dog, Jerry's has it!!!!!! ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! Furthermore, upon entering Jerry's, the smell of hot dogs and sausages being prepared by way of wood fire was absolutely heavenly!!!!!!! It was as though the Jewish high priest had lit an incense stick as a fragrance offering to the Lord Almighty during the Passover Festival!!!!!!!!! It smelled so good that I began to believe that a larger percentage of my brain came to life and began to function as I had never ever ever experienced the wood fired pork scent that Jerry's was spewing from it's kitchen!!!!!!!!! I began to experience an existence that I never knew was possible!!!!!!!! It was like that movie with Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro where the guy takes the pill and has full function of his brain!!!!!!! But this wasn't a g-damn sci-fi movie!!!!!!! This was real life!!!!!! What I smelled while standing in the presence of Jerry's Wood Fired Dogs was substantive and actual, existentially speaking!!!!! It wasn't a dream, or a fantasy, or a fictitious story that was being written.... It was real!!!!!!! It was as real as you're sitting here reading this review!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
The decision that I came to upon looking over the menu was to order a Jerry's Signature Dog which comes plain but you can add whatever toppings you'd like, a Carolina Dog which came with chili and cole slaw, a Chicago Dog, a Cleveland Dog with kraut and stadium mustard, a Mushroon Swiss Dog, and an order of fries!!!!!!!!! 
With the Jerry’s Signature Dog, once it’s ready you can tell the nice woman in the kitchen all the toppings you would like on your dog!!!!! I asked her, “uh, is there a limit as to how many toppings I can put on my dog?!?!?!?!?!?!?!” Her response: “Nope!” Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! On my Jerry’s Signature Dog I had ketchup, mustard, onions, relish, jalapenos, and tomatoes!!!!!!!!! When I sunk my teeth into this dog, chewed, and swallowed, I just sat back on my couch and stared at the ceiling with a smirk on my face as though the girl of my dreams had just asked me out on a date and I was envisioning what a lifetime together might look like!!!!!!!!!!!!! This dog tasted so good and, emotionally speaking, it made me come to life!!!!!!!!! To hell with Lexapro!!!!! To hell with therapy!!!!!! Forcing yourself into uncomfortable situations to push you out of your comfort zone, be damned!!!!!! Jerry's Wood Fired Dogs is the only medicine one needs to experience the life that is truly worth living!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! The bun on these dogs were perfectly cooked!!!!!! Not too hard, but moist enough so it did not get in the way of the smoked wood fired flavor of the dog!!!!!! Perfection!!!!!!!!! The Carolina Dog and Chicago dog were good too!!!!!! Although, the pickle on the Chicago Dog was a bit too much, yet it was still a quality Chicago Dog, one that I would order again!!!!!!!!!!! And... the Cleveland Dog was something that was incredibly special!!!!! I've never been to Cleveland but I am aware that Cleveland is a phenomenol sports town!!!! As I bit into my Cleveland Dog it took me away to the bleachers of Jacobs Field watching a Cleveland Indians baseball game!!!!!! In my mind as I sat at Jacob's Field, with my Cleveland Dog hanging out of my mouth, I vividly remember shouting "too high!!!!!" when the opposing team hit a ball that looked like it was going to be a home run!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! C'mon, does anybody get that reference?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! But the real star of the day, the real hero, the one who stole the g-damn show, and as far as I’m concerned has no obligation to ever.... and I mean, EVER share the stage or headline with any meal/show for the remainder of history, would be the Mushroom and Swiss Dog. The combination of that moist bun, wood fire flavored dog, mushrooms, swiss-cheese and chipotle mayo emoted in me the intense desire to clog my belly full of those Mushroom and Swiss dogs like a toilet gets clogged after eating $40 worth of White Castle sliders from the frozen food section of the grocery store!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we had a real White Castle in So. Cal. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! In my humble opinion, Jerry’s Wood Fired Dogs are the best dogs I’ve ever had!!!!!! They're all I've been thinking about ever since I ate there!!!!! I'm obsessed like a high school boy is obsessed with his first girlfriend!!!!! This place is better than Berkeley Dog, better than Top Dog, better than Fab’s, better than Pink’s!!!!!!! No disrespect to those places as they are purveyors of wonderful tasting hot dogs!!!!!!! But Jerry’s Wood Fired Dog’s has the best dogs in all of So. Cal!!!!!!!! Hell, I’d put up them up against anyplace in Chicago or New York!!!!!!! As Fred Durst sang when he accompanied Staind in the song ‘Outside’ , “This is the real Mutha F*ckin’ deal ya’ll!!!!!!!!!” Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Hands down, Jerry’s Wood Fired Dogs is home to the best hot dogs ever... EVER!!!!!! Do this place and don’t cheat yourself!!!!! If you go on a Monday it’s $2 off most hot dogs and you can pound to no end!!!!!!!!! Do it!!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!












Jerry's Wood-Fired Dogs on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment