Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Portillo's Hot Dogs: I Love You Peter Cetera!!!

Mmmmmpphhhfffff, Take me back, to Chicago, and lay my soul to rest. Take me back, to Chicago, where my music was all I had... Take, me, back!!! Take, me, back!!! Take, me, back.... to Chicago!!!!! TO CHICAAAAAAAGGGGGGOOOOO!!! Ahahahahahahahahaha!!! I have been wanting to try Portillos for years!! Even though they opened up shop in Buena Park, it's a little out of my way, so I haven't been able to try it. That is until.... today!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
After I slammed down one of their Chicago style hot dogs followed by an Italian beef with spicy peppers and an order of fries, I felt a longing, a calling really, to get back to Chicago!!! To just pick up shop and move there and eat!!!! I've only been there once, but from what I can gather, Chicago may be the greatest eating city in the world!!!!! And I want to be part of that more than anything!!!! And with that, I'd like to channel my good friend Peter Cetera once again and say, "Take, me, back!!! Take, me, back!!! Take, me, back.... to Chicago!!!!! TO CHICAAAAAAAGGGGGGOOOOO!!!" Ahhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahaha!!! Southern California residents, I'm not sure if you realize what an absolute gem and societal institution we have just down the street from Knott's Berry Farm!!!! I don't know if you understand the magnitude and monstrosity of it!!!!!! I mean, what did we do, Mr. Portillo?!?!?! What did we, residents of Orange County, do here in Southern California to deserve the grace of your food and business acumen in planting one of your restaurants right in our backyard ?!?!?! We don't derserve it!!! We don't deserve your goodness and the grace you have shown to us, Mr. Portillo!!! As Wayne Campbell (a notable Chicago resident) once said, "We're not worthy!!!! We're not worthy!!!!! We're scum!!!!" Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! But you have shown us goodness... You have shown us love... You have given us a notable and most worthy gift... You have given us your food!!! You have given us Portillos!!! And for that, we thank you!!! Hey France, the next time you want to drop us a gift, call up Mr. Portillo!!! He is truly the most generous and wonderful gift-giving man this world will ever know!!!!! ... But we do thank you for Lady Liberty!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
As I finished eating my hot dog, beef, and fries from Portillos, I cried out the words of Peter Cetera as I now long to go back to Chicago.... TO CHICAAAAGGGOOOO!!! Take me back!!! Take me back!!! They say relocating to another city is about quality of life!! Well, even with the miserable winters and muggy summers, I don't know how the quality of life in Chicago could be summed up in any other way then with the word "stupendous" with Portillos eateries all over the Windy City!!! And they don't call it that because of the gas the food brings you!!! Ahahahahahahahahahaha!!! This food is an absolute treasure that we posses here in Southern California!!! Cherrish it!!! Nurture it!!! Love on it every day of your life!!! I know I will!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Long live Mr. Portillo!!!!








Portillo's Hot Dogs on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment